Pages

Wednesday 30 March 2016

Artwork Understanding

Artwork Understanding

Last Thursday Glenbrae school students from the senior block went to the Auckland Art Gallery. We had a workshop  with Geva where  we had to create a piece of art using all kinds of  different materials.

 You could choose to do it hanging from the ceiling or on the floor using your piece of hard cardboard. I choose to do an art work on the bottom of my black cardboard which symbolises Hell and Heaven.

 In the heaven part of my artwork there are  layers of crosses and flowers with an angel that topped the deck up, this part symbolised the greatness and powerfulness it had with the large cross with blue tears coming down from the sides and a large blue path, the path symbolises which path would you take Hell or Heaven. 

Then you have Hell, Hell has a large pair of  scissors with drips of blood on it which symbolises the badness and the darkness of them, it also contains a rose in front of it with tracks of blood leading throughout the pathway and it also has a white ghost behind the large pair of scissors which has to symbolise my favourite horror ghost character from the Casper movie. 

I had fun doing this artwork activity because it was a bit of a challenge for me to think of something bad and good but, I completed it with some great stuff on it. 

The whole part of my artwork was that I wanted to ask a question, Will you choose to be bad to go to hell or will you change/choose to be good so you can go to Heaven ? 

1 comments:

Danni Stone said...

Great description of your artwork Linda Kiki! I love how you used symbolism in your picture and the question it posed for the viewer.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.