Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Day 1: Once upon a Time in Olympia ..... Milo of Croton

Day 1: Once upon a Time in Olympia..... Milo of Croton

So if you haven't heard of 'Milo of Croton' neither have I until 5 minutes ago reading information on him. Here are 3 fun facts about 'Milo of Croton':

1) Milo of Croton was a 6-th Century Wrestler from the Magna Graecian city of Croton. 

2) Milo of Croton was a person who enjoyed a brilliant career of wrestling.

3) Milo Croton was always a winner when it comes to the most important athletic festivals of ancient Greece. 


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi again!

Like you, I knew very little about Milo of Croton until I started to do some research and to read a bit more about him. He sounds like he was a fascinating person and a very strong man. I read that he used to carry a calf around on his shoulders every day as part of his strength training. That is incredible! I am positive that I could not carry anything half that heavy around on my shoulders. Could you?

I hope that you continue to learn new and interesting things on the Winter Learning Journey. There are five more days of cool activities for you to explore!

Cheers, Rachel

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.