Pages

Friday 17 June 2016

Slam Poetry 'Overprotective Dad's' Written by Linda Kiki

Slam Poetry 

Today I wrote in class a Slam Poetry about Overprotective Dad's. I wrote this slam poetry about Overprotective Dad's because Father's out there are way overprotective when it comes to there daughter the one that needs the most love but because some daughters know there father's care about them and love them but the daughter always wants some freedom away ... 

Overprotective Dad's

Walking down the steps of my house
A loving father and a gorgeous boy to order
A day to remember, Prom
The day I’ve been waiting for
Stepped out the door
Because I'm ready
We leave in a hurry within a second
Till I see my father rock up in a funky range rover

Because I’m young I know you’ll there
But when you're around I can’t escape no more from you
I saw the gun you prepared
Why you have to do this when I finally met a boy
I know you care for me
But you always are overboard
Because you're here and my uncles are all prepared with guns

A photo came,
Lined up with my date at the end
You pushed him away like 2000 miles
I’m crying inside father
Please let me go
I’m just a dead wing nowadays

I’m frozen, I’m making my new path to my new days
I know you're happy but I need to do this alone with my partner
Because I want to have a family and you need to understand
The meaning of trying letting go to those you love the most
I love you so much but it’s time you let me go …







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.