Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Day 1: Once upon a Time in Olympia...

Day 1: Once upon a Time in Olympia...

If I was to be alive 2792 years ago and was invited to compete in one of the sports at the first ever Olympic games in Greece. I would have chosen to compete in Boxing because way back in those days for me Boxing looks way exciting then now Why? Well, if you should all know they didn't use boxing gloves like now they had to wrap there hands with long strips of leather. Boxing is a passion for me as it may have a lot of violence involved but for fun is a best way in playing and getting along with others if I should say.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda Kiki,

Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey! It is great to have you join our team this holiday.

I am impressed that you have chosen boxing as your Olympic sport. It would certainly require a great deal of strength and courage, particularly given that you wouldn't have regular boxing gloves but, instead, only thin strips of leather for protection. I think that you would have to be quite brave to step into the ring but I am sure that you could handle it!

I am really looking forward to reading more of your posts and to learning more about you as we go!

Thanks for joining the journey. See you online :)

Rachel

Danni Stone said...

Hi Linda Kiki,

I love how you explained how long it has been since the first Olympic Games were held. It is crazy to think that they originated in Ancient Greece!

I agree with Rachel, you would have to be brave to box in those days and quite confident too!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.