Pages

Thursday 14 July 2016

DAY 3: Sport Specifics - Water Polo


DAY 3: Sport Specifics

Today I will be telling you all reading about a sport that will be in the Rio Olympics 2016. But one I've never really known about or heard but maybe you guy's will. I will be telling you the Name, Aim and 2 rules about the sport.

Water Polo

The Aim of this Sport is to have 2 Teams of seven players and will then face each other in the pool with the objective of throwing the ball into the opposition team goal. The team that has scored more points win. 
1 Rule- Each team has 30 seconds to complete its attack on the opponent’s goal, after which it loses possession. 
2 Rule- If a game finishes in a tie in the knockout rounds, it will go straight to penalty shots.

I hope you learnt something new as I did. 

1 comments:

Danni Stone said...

Hi Linda Kiki, what interesting rules! I once watched a friend play water polo but like you I didn't know much about it and didn't understand how it was played. Perhaps we should have a game when we have swimming in term 4.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.