Pages

Wednesday 24 May 2017

Sign Language Lesson!

This morning, there was a visitor from the Deaf Aotearoa, his name was Tom. He came today to my class to give a sign language lesson. As soon as I heard that we will be given a Sign language lesson this morning, I was really excited as I been wanting to learn about sign language so much.

As he arrived, he handed out cards that had the order of the alphabets on it but in sign language. It also had the words you may say when you see someone you just met and many other words in sign language which was pretty cool.

We also got taught some other stuff we could say in sign language with Tom. He taught us how to say, colours, animals, our names, how to introduce ourselves, numbers and many more.

Tom also got us to pair up and start a conversation to each other but in sign language, from experience today it was really hard but really interesting because we got to experience how deaf people feel.

But today I really enjoyed the session with Tom, it was fun, awesome and it was something I'll want to try and do again some day.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.